Increasing Human Interaction Through Well-Placed Functionality
The goal of every website should be to develop community. Connecting with your target market is difficult. Some of the best ways you can connect with your target market are through:
- Great Content - creating amazing content and placing that content in areas where your target market likes to browse.
- Search Engine Optimization - organically increasing your search engine placement and connecting with targeted users who are searching keyterms related to your product or service.
- Pay Per Click - paying the search engines to place your website at the top of search engines on a cost per click basis.
- E-mail - connecting with your customers through an e-mail campaign (i.e. promotions and contests).
- Social Media - not only do social signals tell search engines that your an authority on specific topics but it helps people share your product or service with others.
- Functionality - programming unique functions into your website that helps your target market learn more about your service or products
Functionality Increases Conversions on Your Website
One of the ways to increase the amount of conversions on your website is to make it easier for your target market to connect with you. Catering towards the different types of browsers (i.e. browsers, researchers, and converters) will drastically improve the amount of conversions you receive.
Functionality Helps Humans Want to Share Your Website
Think about how humans perceive the use of your website. If they think your website is easy to use and offers a great product or service they will share your website with other users via social space.
Improved Function Increases Satisfaction and Keyword Rankings
If your target market finds your website satisfying, search engines will notice too. Human satisfaction is considered to be one of the top factors for why a website ranks well. When you provide great value to your customers, you’re telling Google that you’re the most relevant for the topics on your website.
If you’re looking to learn more about how our team can improve the functionality of your website through custom development, contact Jordan Crown today.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdhancock/5845280258/