Stellar Product Pages
Get these wrong and you might as well go home. When it comes to priorities around content, you should invest a good portion of your time on the cornerstone of your business, your actual products. Don’t make the mistake of having great product lines and terrible marking.
Here are a few tips for your product pages:
- Spend the money for good photos. Hire a reputable photographer- they may not be the cheapest- but you’ll be happy you did later.
- Provide multiple product shots and zoom features so your prospective customer can “touch and feel” your product on your website.
- Invest in compelling and targeted product copy.
- Focus on emotional benefits instead of dry features.
- Integrate product reviews to boost credibility (ideally, third-party reviews).
What will customers do when they have a problem? Will their entire experience be pleasant? Or just the initial buying experience?
When customer support is lacking you’ll find that your brand suffers long term. Additionally, you may end up with enemies instead of fans so make sure you’re supporting your customers well.
“We are so very pleased with the website creation and development services provided by Jordan Crown. Their team was professional, timely and very easy to work with. Their blend of creative and technical talents resulted in the best website we’ve ever had. We simply couldn’t recommend Jordan Crown more highly.”
– Shawn Miller, Marketing, Orchard-Rite
Make sure to introduce yourself!
Consumers can be reluctant to purchase from a company that feels anonymous or faceless. Make a connection with biographical pages where you can talk about your mission and values. Consider a company history page where you can share your roots and give an overview of key points along the way.
Remember when you’re writing content to weave your customer and their story into yours. As your customer feels more connected to your brand, it will be easier for them to engage with you and make purchases.
Last, but certainly not least, make sure to provide customer testimonials for your products. High-quality testimonials and ratings will bring instant credibility to your marketing campaigns. Though a caution here: never write fake testimonials. Take the time to curate real, positive testimonials and you’ll be doing your brand a long-term favor.
A few pointers on testimonials. The best testimonials…
- Are specific (how did your product specifically help your customer?)
- Don’t feel anonymous (i.e. use pictures or full names when possible)
- Are relatable to your main demographic
- Feel genuine and not contrived