Creating appealing, visually stunning and relevant layouts is crucial. Good design captivates prospective customers and keeps visitors coming back
for more. If your users find themselves confused or unable to properly navigate your website, they’re much more likely to leave and spend their time and money elsewhere.
Ensuring that the overall user interface of your website is optimized will help you stand out from competition while creating a positive reputation and an enjoyable experience.
Jordan Crown provides custom website revamps, prototyping, design services and complete WordPress websites to build a successful online presence for your business. Whether you own a construction business, a consulting firm, a non-profit, or a commercial real estate firm, Jordan Crown can create a user interface experience that your prospective clients and customers will love.
What Is User Interface Design?
User interface (UI) design is the process of thinking through how a customer or prospective client will engage with your website or web application. Will your menu be two or three levels deep? How many fields will your forms contain? What is the process of allowing your prospect to say “Yes, I’d like to engage with your product or service”?
Start With Planning
Great web user interface design first begins with solid blueprints that are called “wireframes” (see example). Wireframes are low-fidelity, quick turnaround assets that allow you to dialog back and forth with your designer. Instead of working through your user interface in the design phase (or worse, the development phase), starting with wireframes will allow you to make quick changes, solicit feedback and tie down an easy-to-use flow for your website visitors.
Once your wireframes are nailed down, the design and development phases are much less ambiguous. You have your user flows and interfaces, now you just need to add flesh to them.
Why User Interface Design Matters With a Custom WordPress Website
If you don’t think through your web interface design you may find yourself with a hurting sales pipeline or frustrated customers. If your users aren’t able to use your website, what will keep them from leaving? Isn’t that what you would do? With so many options for consumers online, it’s crucial that you refrain from overlooking your website UI design.
Think about it. When was the last time you visited an older website to purchase something?
- What was your experience?
- Was the text too small?
- Did it work on your phone?
- Was it visually pleasing or did it turn you off and make you doubt the website’s credibility?
Don’t put your customers in this position. Invest the proper time to plan each screen on your website with the agency of your choice and in time, you’ll see your hard work pay dividends.
Why Choose Jordan Crown to Build Your Custom Website?
At Jordan Crown, we know what we do and what we don’t do. Primarily, we focus on custom WordPress marketing websites and web application design. But what makes us different? Why should you engage with us on your project? Here are a few considerations:
- We’ve worked really hard to keep a solid reputation – check out what some of our customers are saying about us.
- We know our niche and we stick to it. Namely WordPress development and specific verticals. That means that if we decide your project is a good fit, you can be confident in our past experience. In fact, we often tell new prospects “If we can’t be your friend after this project is complete, we’d rather not work together”.
- We only hire the best talent for our high-demand, boutique agency. Ever heard of the “A Method” for hiring? Well, we certainly subscribe to the A Method philosophy. We only hire top talent using sophisticated interviews so that when you hire us, you know the job will get done right.
Interested in getting your feet wet?
Now that we’ve talked about the importance of solid interface design, why not schedule a quick consultation to see if we’d be a good fit for your project? If we don’t think it’s a match, we’ll tell you. If it looks like there’s solid chemistry, we’d be honored to present you with a flexible proposal where you can pick and choose the features that work for you.